WELCOME !!


CHOOSE A CATEGORY:






NEED FREE PHOTOS FOR YOUR MODELS, WEBSITE, BLOG OR DESIGNS?




Saturday, December 22, 2012

Van Gogh and Gauguin


Contemporary Art
Modern Art
Fine Art

Did he or didn´t he?
Oil Painting by Beatriz Socorro




Well, here´s another controversial painting and more controversial  art history. I will always strive to inform you about the parts your school teachers prefer not to talk about.

There are questions about Gauguin´s bisexuality.

Was the row between Van Gogh and Gauguin really a lover´s quarrel?
Did Paul cut Vincent´s ear off?
Did Van Gogh kill himself due to a broken heart when Gauguin left?

I guess we will never really know the answers...

My advice is:  do as much research as you can on the subject and then you be the judge. Here are some links to get you started...

The Guardian

The Telegraph

HarvardMagazine.com

Van Gogh´s Women

Van Gogh Letters

Notice that, even though I used a Van Gogh-ish style, I did not make a reproduction. That wouldn´t be any fun.

For this painting, I used as models Gauguin´s and Van Gogh´s self-portraits:


Vincent
source: Wikipaintings.org

Paul
source: Wikigallery.org



 Vincent Van Gogh Gallery




 

No comments:

BREATHTAKING...

A MUST WATCH !!! I would call this human art... 2014 Nanjing Youth Olympic