WELCOME !!


CHOOSE A CATEGORY:






NEED FREE PHOTOS FOR YOUR MODELS, WEBSITE, BLOG OR DESIGNS?




Thursday, December 27, 2012

Vincent Van Gogh & Paul Gauguin - Finished Work

Contemporary Art
Modern Art
Fine Art



Can you spot the differences?




Did he or didnt he?
Oil Painting on Canvas
by Beatriz Socorro
Finished Work

















I added a couple of highlights to the pupil of the eyes.

When I added the sailboat in the horizon, the eye kept being drawn there and staying there. So, I had to add the seagulls. Notice that I aligned the seagulls in a slight curve and that the wing of the upper seagull is pointing towards the main subjects: Van Gogh and Gauguin. This was not one of my lucky accidents. I purposely made a circle for the eye to travel from Van Gogh to Gauguin, to the sailboat, to the gulls and back to Van Gogh.

Also, the seagulls fill in what used to be a large empty space in the painting.

This is called composition and design.

But, then, I personally found the sailboat and the gulls too distracting  from the main subjects. Notice how your eyes are drawn to the seagulls.

So, I wiped them off ! I want Van Gogh and his ear to be the main subject.  I also added a little blood to the point of interest (the ear).  Red is the color that draws the eyes the most which is why companies like Coke, Pepsi, Burger King, etc. use it. It´s not by coincidence that stop signs are red.

So much for composition and design...  :))

A good link to get you started on the subject of composition and design:

Composition


No comments:

BREATHTAKING...

A MUST WATCH !!! I would call this human art... 2014 Nanjing Youth Olympic